Chocolate pudding with a healthy fat spin? Yes please! Don’t let the ingredients scare you, this avocado, banana, peanut butter, chocolate combo is delicious, creamy, and refreshing! No baking needed, this chilled dessert is easy to make and fun for entertaining! Using avocado and peanut butter adds a few servings of omega 3 fats turn your every day pudding into a good-for-you treat. Simply blend the ingredients, chill for a couple hours, add your favorite toppings, and enjoy! Best if fresh, but this recipe can last up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- 1 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or alternative of choice
- 2 Tbsp truvia or 1/4 c honey/maple syrup
- Berries, unsweetened coconut or nuts for topping
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide into custard dishes, or serving container.
- Chill overnight.
- Before serving, drizzle with peanut butter, nuts, coconut or berries.
servings: Makes 6 servings
time: 15 min prep, 6 hours refrigerate
level of difficulty: low
nutrition facts: Per Serving: Calories 245, Total fat 17 g, Saturated fat 3 g, Sodium 95 mg, Total Carbohydrate 23 g, Dietary fiber 7 g, Sugar 10 g, Protein 8 g.