Looking to boost your nutrition? Dark leafy greens are a great superfood to add to your plate today! They are loaded with fiber, vitamin C, Vitamin K, and phytonutrients, that protect against disease. Green leafy veggies are a source of carotenoids, indoles, saponins, and chlorophyll – all powerful antioxidants that fight against certain cancers, preserve heart health, eye health and are great from immunity! This recipe calls for dinosaur kale, a dark colored variety that is less bitter and nutrient rich. To make it a complete meal, try this salad topped with salmon / chicken, or add chickpeas or tofu for some more plant power!
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale or other kale
- 3 roasted red peppers
- 1/4 c toasted pine nuts
- 1 honey crisp apple
- 1/4 c fresh grated parmesan or pecorino
- olive oil to taste
- juice of 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- rinse and drain kale, and pull off stalk, breaking into small pieces.
- drizzle a bit of olive oil over kale, and gently massage to soften
- add toasted pine nuts, and roasted red pepper
- slice apple into thin strips and add to salad bowl
- top with parmesan cheese, fresh squeezed lime, mix, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Yields 4 (1 cup) servings. calories: 229, total fat 15g, saturated fat 2g, sodium 225mg, total carbohydrate 17g, dietary fiber 5g, sugar 7g, protein 6g.