Macadamia Crusted Salmon
This dish is a staple in my house! This topping is crunchy, crispy, and savory without using traditional bread crumbs so it’s gluten free, and low carbohydrate! Excellent on white fish, swordfish, and salmon, this topping can be made in bulk and stored for future use if your family loves it as much as mine. Living in New England we have access to some of the freshest and healthiest fish at local fish markets. Salmon is loaded with healthy Omega 3 fats, EPA and DHA that we don’t get from other foods aside from fatty fish. These fats are targeted as a superfood for reducing inflammation, preserving cognition, preventing heart disease, increasing good cholesterol, and are essential in pregnancy. Try this dressed up salmon today to get all of these health benefits in just 15 quick minutes!
- 1 lb. fresh Atlantic wild caught salmon
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- ½ cup roasted macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon S + P
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse fish, and pat dry
- In blender or food processor, combine nuts, coconut, ginger, garlic, brown sugar, and S + P and blend until combined.
- Place fish on a baking sheet, and top with nutty topping
- Drizzle with olive oil, and bake at 376 for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness) until 145 degrees minimum internal temperature.
- Top over salad, or alongside roasted veggies and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: makes about 4 (4 oz) servings. Calories 282, Total Fat 25g, Saturated Fat 5g, MUFAs + PUFAS 20 g, Sodium 290mg, Total Carb 6g, Fiber 3g, Sugar 2g, Protein 20g.