Do you have a banana problem in your house? We continue to buy bananas but I find we end up wasting them every week! In this time where we are all trying to minimize grocery store trips, food waste, and be flexible but still healthy with our food choices, this recipe will be a perfect way to repurpose those almost rotten bananas! While not “low carb”, this breakfast is great for anyone still getting plenty of exercise and a wonderful, simple alternative to processed pancake mix.
1 medium over-ripe banana
2 large eggs
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 Tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1) Take your overripe banana and mash it up with a fork or spoon.
2) Crack two large eggs and combine with banana.
3) Add cinnamon, nutmeg, chia seeds and whisk / fork to combine.
4) Heat skillet over medium high heat with non-stick spray, butter, or ghee.
5) Pour half mixture into pan like pancakes, cook for 2-3 min per side and flip.
6) Once cooked through, put onto plate, cook the other half of mixture and top with peanut butter &/or berries to enjoy!